Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I apply the same formula to multiple cells in a column?

I want to put the same formula in multiple cells -- I don't want it to adjust progressively.

Example: I want all cells in a column to show the contents of cell G6. I enter =G6 in the first cell. Then I pull down the yellow circle; or I copy and paste to the column. I get =G7, =G8 and so on. I want only =G6 in all of them.

I can paste a specific value in all of the cells (say, a number or a word) but formulas always adjust.

Possible?

(MacBook Pro running Mojave)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:55 AM

Enter your formula containing the G6 reference in the first cell, then click the G6 marker in the formula:

Click the Preserve Row check box, then click the green checkmark to confirm the formula and close the editor.

Use the yellow Fill control to fill the formula down the column:

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 11:55 AM in response to khungui

Enter your formula containing the G6 reference in the first cell, then click the G6 marker in the formula:

Click the Preserve Row check box, then click the green checkmark to confirm the formula and close the editor.

Use the yellow Fill control to fill the formula down the column:

Regards,

Barry

Can I apply the same formula to multiple cells in a column?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.