Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to sync or connect apps or services to my Apple TV?

I subscribe to paramount plus and connected it to my Apple TV. However I can’t watch any paramount shows on my AppleTV apps on video game consoles?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:53 AM

There's 2 ways to subscribe to Apps, through the standalone App for each service, or through the channel inside the Apple TV App.

If you subscribed through the stand alone App on the Apple TV, the you need to use the Stand Alone App on other platforms to access that subscription. You cannot use the channel inside the Apple TV app.

If you subscribed through the Channel inside the Apple TV App, then you can use the subscription with the channel inside the TV App on other platforms, but will not be able to use the stand alone App.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Dreoo

There's 2 ways to subscribe to Apps, through the standalone App for each service, or through the channel inside the Apple TV App.

If you subscribed through the stand alone App on the Apple TV, the you need to use the Stand Alone App on other platforms to access that subscription. You cannot use the channel inside the Apple TV app.

If you subscribed through the Channel inside the Apple TV App, then you can use the subscription with the channel inside the TV App on other platforms, but will not be able to use the stand alone App.

Mar 11, 2021 1:58 PM in response to Dreoo

The Paramount+ app is available for Playstation 4 and Xbox Series S and Series X.

https://www.newsweek.com/paramount-plus-devices-ios-android-apple-roku-chromecast-1573742

So you should be able to use the stand alone app on those platforms.

On the Apple TV box there are 2 options to access Paramount+ If you used the stand alone App on the Apple TV box, then you need to use the stand alone App on the game console.

How to Get Paramount Plus on PlayStation (7 Steps)

Keep in mind that Paramount Plus is currently available for PS4 consoles only. With that said, we’ll first tell you how to install this app, as explained just below. 

• Start by getting your Paramount Plus subscription (1-month trial)
  • Then, turn to your PS4 for the rest of this procedure. 
  • Navigate to the PlayStation Store app and select its search tool.
  • Now, look up ‘Paramount Plus‘ and open this app’s overview screen. 
  • Select ‘Download‘ on the left-hand side, which will download and install the app. 
  • Once done, navigate to Library > Apps, and launch Paramount Plus

Is there a way to sync or connect apps or services to my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.