Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spreadsheet image "doubled"

When I opened my spreadsheet today part of the spreadsheet was "doubled". It looks like a copy of the spreadsheet is above and slightly offset from the underlying screen. How could I have done that? I've attached an image.

I exported the spreadsheet as CSV and imported it into a blank spreadsheet and it looks fine, except all the cell/row formatting is gone.

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 4:28 PM

It appears you copy/pasted your table on top of itself. You have two copies of the table. Until you can tell which one you want to keep, you'll probably want to separate them to look them over. You can select one of them and drag it so it no longer overlaps.

If you have other tables that reference cells in this table, that would tell you which is the original table and which is the duplicate. But you might have been editing the duplicate and now might want to transfer some of that new data to the original. You might not want to delete the duplicate right away.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 4:28 PM in response to Ross H

It appears you copy/pasted your table on top of itself. You have two copies of the table. Until you can tell which one you want to keep, you'll probably want to separate them to look them over. You can select one of them and drag it so it no longer overlaps.

If you have other tables that reference cells in this table, that would tell you which is the original table and which is the duplicate. But you might have been editing the duplicate and now might want to transfer some of that new data to the original. You might not want to delete the duplicate right away.

Mar 11, 2021 5:55 PM in response to Ross H

Hi Ross,

In answer to "How could I have done that?"

Given the offset right and down of the front copy wrt the original behind it, I'd suspect you accidentally Duplicated the table in one step (accidentally pressed command-D or clicked Duplicate in a menu while the table was the selected object), rather than the two step copy, then paste process.

You can identify the original and the duplicate by showing the table names. Bothe will be the same, except for two characters, "-1" added to the end of the duplicate's name.

Other than that, what Badunit says.

Regards,

Barry

Spreadsheet image "doubled"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.