Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving files to iTunes

I have a pack of audiobooks, they are all the same file format. When I drag and drop the folder only 8 of the 12 books are going into my library. When I drag the books individually they are not doing anything, I release the mouse button to drop and there is just no reaction whatsoever

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 2:37 PM

Try copying the files into <Media Folder>\Automatically Add to iTunes. Either the items will be added to the library, or move into a Not Added folder. It won't tell you what the issue is, but if they go into Not Added you'll know for sure that iTunes doesn't like them.

See Audiobooks on iPods for advice on organizing the files should you get them into the library.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2021 2:37 PM in response to frazzo1

Try copying the files into <Media Folder>\Automatically Add to iTunes. Either the items will be added to the library, or move into a Not Added folder. It won't tell you what the issue is, but if they go into Not Added you'll know for sure that iTunes doesn't like them.

See Audiobooks on iPods for advice on organizing the files should you get them into the library.

tt2

Moving files to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.