Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add my ebooks to ~Books~ on my iPad

I have finally and reluctantly upgraded to iTunes 12.9.5.7 on my Windows 10 (1903) desktop.

The first thing I noted was that all the epub eBooks I had in "Books" have disappeared.

OK, I'm anal enough to have back ups.

Google this issue and about thirty sites tell me to drag and drop them from Windows Explorer into the "Books" folder(?) under "On My Device" on the iPad "Page".

BUT - I get a circle with a bar through it (the general prohibition sign).

I've tried adding files to the Library (individually or as a Folder) and after a short blink - nothing changes.

There are any number of alternative readers in the iTunes store that I can probably load my books into using "File Sharing" but it would be great to iTunes do what it should - and used to.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 2:27 AM

Resolved!

Woot!

I was adding books (trying to) on the iPad screen under "On My Device>Books" on the Left Hand 'menu'.

No, the <s> totally intuitive </s> solution is to add them under:

Library Page

Devices

Open the twisty to expand iPad

Books

Case closed.

Similar questions

2 replies

How do I add my ebooks to ~Books~ on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.