Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see my audiobooks on both computers

When I sign into iTunes on one computer, I can see all the audiobooks I have downloaded from my local library. But when I sign into iTunes on a different computer, I do not see the downloaded audiobooks which I have backed up to the Apple cloud. And, when I use my iPad, I cannot see these books. The only two places I can see the audiobooks is the iPod and in iTunes on one of the computers. I have tried filesharing, but the book app does not show up on my list. The book app does show up on the iPad, but not the audiobooks from the library. I back up the iPod to the Apple cloud also.

Questions -- How do I get to see all the downloaded audiobooks from the library on all my devices, especially the second computer?

Thank you to all who answer with a solution to my issue.

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2022 3:59 PM

See Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support. It the audiobooks aren't in the standard .m4b format the tracks may initially import as music. You can select these, use Ctrl+i to get info, and change the media kind to audiobook on the options tab.

tt2

7 replies

Oct 1, 2022 1:29 PM in response to Krava

What do you mean by "backed up to the Apple cloud"? Signing into iTunes with an Apple ID will show your unhidden past purchases with the iTunes Store. Additionally it can give you access to your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match. Nether service includes audiobooks or videos you may have added to your library outside of the iTunes Store.

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community for a way to move/copy the whole library from one computer to another with all ratings, play counts, playlists, etc. intact. Alternatively you can copy the audiobook files over your network or by way on an intermediate copy on a USB drive.

You cannot copy media content off an iOS device using the File Sharing mechanism. If needs be see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community.

tt2

Cannot see my audiobooks on both computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.