Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is SmartCard Pairing???

Hey everyone, i just found something weird in my Mac OS settings which didn't make sense at all..

Using Mac OS 11.2.1 and today found this app called SmartCard Pairing in my notifications settings. I've searched the drive for any references but there's no such app or service in Mac OS with this name and icon. Have anyone seen this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 4:29 PM

it appears to relate to some sort of logging into secure websites or networks.

Using a smart card in macOS - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 11, 2021 4:23 PM in response to durukanm

durukanm wrote:
Have anyone seen this?

not until i saw your question and checked my machine. it's in my notifications settings too. it also appears to have the same selections as yours. since it's on my machine too (and i didn't put it there) i'm guessing you can disregard it. i haven't received any notifications in the past that would apply to it.

What is SmartCard Pairing???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.