Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to add contacts to a group

I have been able to do this in the past, so I know what the procedure is. I have no idea when this stopped working - with which software update. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 2:30 PM

Hi brianj123,

Thank you so much for your response! I read through the article you referenced and that's what I do when creating groups and adding to them. This is not something new to me - I've done this countless times before. But yesterday, for some reason, it wasn't working. I tried it today, after receiving your response, and today it's working 🙄

I find that happens more often these days with newer operating systems. In the "old" days, it seemed as if upgrades were a lot more stable. It's probably because they are a LOT more complicated these days. But I sure do miss the old stability - it's one thing I would brag about to PC users. These days, I'm quiet about it.

Thanks again!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2021 2:30 PM in response to brianj123

Hi brianj123,

Thank you so much for your response! I read through the article you referenced and that's what I do when creating groups and adding to them. This is not something new to me - I've done this countless times before. But yesterday, for some reason, it wasn't working. I tried it today, after receiving your response, and today it's working 🙄

I find that happens more often these days with newer operating systems. In the "old" days, it seemed as if upgrades were a lot more stable. It's probably because they are a LOT more complicated these days. But I sure do miss the old stability - it's one thing I would brag about to PC users. These days, I'm quiet about it.

Thanks again!!

Mar 13, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Sydsmommy-dog

Hello Sydsmommy-dog,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you are looking for some information on adding a contact to a group. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

You can see how to add and manage the contacts and groups on iCloud.com by following the steps listed in the following article:

Create a group of contacts on iCloud.com

If you are experiencing other issues or are looking to add contacts to a group message, just provide us a bit more information on what is happening when you try or any error messages you get.

Best Regards.

I am unable to add contacts to a group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.