Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio not Exporting

What a day... More FCP troubles... I have finally completed editing my video and have tried 3 times to export it, but there is no audio. I have exported dozens of videos previously with no issues. Today I synchronized clips with a separate audio file, which is the first time I ever did that. Here is a screen shot of my timeline.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 5:37 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 12, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Meg The Dog

No I am not editing inside the synchronized clip intentionally. I just thought that how it was done. Earlier, I was having trouble editing my video with a separate audio clip. Someone told me to create a compound clip. Then someone else said my video was too large and that I should try to synchronize the clip. I did that. I wasn't aware I was supposed to be doing something else.

When I selected "video and audio" under settings, it tells me the file will be 15GB. I was trying to avoid a file that large.

So what is the process for editing a synchronized clip so it can be exported?

Sorry, but I am new to this. I started with iMovie. Then bought FCP 10. I am finding out that I am taking on more challenging situations than I prepared for. I thought most of this would be intuitive. It's not looking that way. I will look into getting properly trained.

I appreciate your help.

Mar 12, 2021 5:18 AM in response to baldcaldwell

FCP does have a learning curve.

To help with that I strongly recommend that you take some time to follow the excellent free course at izzyvideo. It is made as a series of short videos that explain the various parts of the application and teach you how do many of things you may want to do. It even includes the media used in the lessons so you follow along and replicate what is being taught.

The time spent on following this may save you not just time but a number of headaches along the process, and get you up to speed much faster.

Audio not Exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.