Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note taking on iPad

Hi, so I work as a doctor and I am aware that some of my colleagues have ipad and use it with pencil to take their medical notes and then electronically send them to their secretaries via email. My secretary uses windows on her computer.

I was thinking of using this method, would I need a third generation app to handwrite notes then export them in pdf format that could be accessed by a windows computer or can the native note writing app suffice. I would also like to be able to draw pictures as well free hand if necessary.

Can anyone recommend any suitable products for this? Thank you.

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 4:59 AM

This was the right place to come to!

On iPad, there are many note-taking apps that are better than the native notes app. The best one is called Goodnotes 5. Though I don't know how exporting works on that app, I do know how to do it in the native notes app!

• when on the handwritten note, take a screenshot (on an iPad without a home button: press the power button and volume+ button simultaneously. On iPad with home button: press the home button and the power button simultaneously)
  • The screenshot will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • press on the screenshot, and you'll see at the top of the screen there's a tab that says "full page"
  • Click that tab
  • now it's a pdf and you can press the share icon to export it to email

I hope this helped!!! I love taking notes on my iPad so I highly recommend it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2021 4:59 AM in response to DrDel_UK

This was the right place to come to!

On iPad, there are many note-taking apps that are better than the native notes app. The best one is called Goodnotes 5. Though I don't know how exporting works on that app, I do know how to do it in the native notes app!

• when on the handwritten note, take a screenshot (on an iPad without a home button: press the power button and volume+ button simultaneously. On iPad with home button: press the home button and the power button simultaneously)
  • The screenshot will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • press on the screenshot, and you'll see at the top of the screen there's a tab that says "full page"
  • Click that tab
  • now it's a pdf and you can press the share icon to export it to email

I hope this helped!!! I love taking notes on my iPad so I highly recommend it.

Note taking on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.