Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attaching external monitor to macbook air mid 2013

I have a macbook air 2013. Its resolution is 1440 X 900. I want to attach a new external monitor. Monitor resolution is Full HD i.e. 1920 x 1080. So, if I attach external monitor to my macbook, will it give me Full HD output of 1920 x 1080 or will be 1440 x 900. If that is so, is there a way to get full HD resolution?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:21 AM

After connecting it you can go into display options to decide how the screen will work

See:

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 12, 2021 10:11 AM in response to Androish

Thank you for providing link. It specifies to go to tech specs through apple icon -> about this mac -> support. Though the link to tech specs there doesn't work. I googled tech specs for mid 2013 macbook air. There under Graphics and Video support, it says that

• Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

So, yes, I'll get the external monitor for my mac.

Thank you once again. I am going to get it tomorrow. Will let you know, once it's done.

attaching external monitor to macbook air mid 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.