Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Air camera is really hopeless

I bought a MacBook Air in Nov 2020. Due to Pandemic and MCO, we need to use a lot of Virtual meeting. The first time I used the Video Virtual Meeting, OMG! The camera was really LOUSY!!! The image was so BLURRRRR!

I used to be an Apple's Fan. I used all Apple devices, from iPod, iPhone, iPad, MacBook etc. I have 2 other older Silver Colour Mac Book Air, one was bought 10 years ago, and the other one was about 3 years ago. None of them was having this camera issue. The cameras of the other two Mac Books were superb.

Now, this NEW technology MacBook Air is really HOPELESS!

I called to Singapore Apple for technical support, that guy just asked me to reboot, and bla bla bla, then hung up the phone even without saying good bye and thank you.

Then, I brought the MacBook Air to the Service Centre around my area TWICE. Waited for the spare parts to reach the workshop. Wasted my travelling twice, not able to conduct my Virtual Meeting, and now when I got back my device, they said they have changed my Display and Main Logic Board, but still the camera is very BLURRRRR! The technician said they have compared the camera with other Mac and they are all the same!!

My complain is not baseless. I compared the New Device with my other two very old devices, the cameras of both the old ones are superb. This new one is LOUSY!!!!

The technical support was really HOPELESS. OMG! I'm so disappointed with APPLE!!!! The World's Best Computer company!!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 7:35 AM

These Forums are only fellow Apple Users who volunteer their time to Assist Others. Apple itself is not here nor does Apple Monitor these Forums for Customer Comments.

To be constructive - suggest sending your comments directly to Apple via their FeedBack Site

5 replies

New MacBook Air camera is really hopeless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.