Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Wifi turns it self on automatically in the morning. How do I keep this from happening?

Hi, I’m new to Apple products. I recently purchased the iPhone 12 Pro. My Wifi turns itself on automatically in the morning when I unlock my phone or sometimes even before I unlock. I turn it off every night before I go to sleep but it’s back on automatically in the morning. Is there a timer I’m not aware off with the WiFi settings for how long you can have it of? And how do I keep this from happening in the future?????

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 8:10 AM

Then you’re turning it off in the control center, NOT in settings, WiFi. Control center disables it until the next day. Settings turns it off completely until you manually turn it back on.

See -> Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 14, 2021 12:04 AM in response to Michael Black

Oh I see! I didn’t know quick settings/control center had different rules than the main settings! This clarified a lot of other things too. I think I need to read up on the rules for the quick setting/control menu items in detail to manage any surprises. If you know any other mismatch of rules between the two setting menus, do share!

My Wifi turns it self on automatically in the morning. How do I keep this from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.