Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Won't Stop Talking

Ever since the update to WatchOS7, I can't make Siri not talk. For example, if I set a reminder, she will say "OK, added." However, I have the Siri settings set to "Control with Silent Mode" and my watch (and phone) are on silent mode. I keep hoping every update will fix this annoyance, but it hasn't happened yet (and yes, I'm up to date right now). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 6:33 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2021 11:08 AM in response to piccols8

Hello piccols8,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand Siri speaks even when your iPhone is switched to silent mode. We're happy to assist you with this.

On your iPhone, please go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri > Voice Feedback > When Silent Mode off. Let's make sure this setting is selected. This preference will keep Siri from speaking when silent mode is on. By default this is set to "Always Speak Responses".

If the issue continues, toggle off your Siri settings in Settings > Siri & Search.

Next, restart your iPhone and Apple Watch: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

.Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Siri Won't Stop Talking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.