Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I tap the link associated with the QR code it won't open the link and I get a message, "cannot open your phone is not connected to the internet". What can I do?

When I scan a QR code at a restaurant and the link associated with it pops up at the top, which is supposed to take you to the restaurant menu, when I try to open the link I get a message that say cannot open link as I am not connected to the internet... I though these QR links work without being connected to the internet? Is there a setting I need to change?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 12:19 PM

In my settings, my Cellular Data is on as are my Data Roaming, so not getting why I when the QR code Safari browser pops up I cannot access the restaurant website to read the menu... problem is not resolved.

5 replies

Mar 21, 2021 12:31 PM in response to TMWinSac

TMWinSac,

Thanks for providing those additional details for us. Going forward, are you able to open Safari webpages without issues if not using a QR code? Are you able to open the webpage using the QR code if connected to a Wi-Fi network (if possible)? In Settings > Cellular is Safari enabled under the list of apps under "Cellular Data"?

Also, check out the additional steps listed in the following resource that can also help: If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Keep us updated on the results.

Have a great day!

Mar 15, 2021 10:37 AM in response to TMWinSac

Hi there TMWinSac,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're getting an alert that you're not connected to the Internet when trying to open a QR code link, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, we do want to let you know that an Internet connection (cellular, or Wi-Fi) would be required to open QR code links as this would open the restaurant's website in Safari. QR codes would give you quick access to websites without having to type or remember a web address.

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

when I tap the link associated with the QR code it won't open the link and I get a message, "cannot open your phone is not connected to the internet". What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.