Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain Photo albums not appearing in Finder list

Hi. I’ve just created a new photo album but the new album isn’t appearing in Finder and therefore isn’t syncing to my iPad. All the albums I’ve previously created appear fine and sync with no problem. Can someone help resolve this please?

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 12:09 AM

Hi Tony. Thanks very much for your time with this and apologies if I’m not being clear, this is all new to me. You are right I’m syncing using finder/usb cable.

so I’ve created a new album in photos (not a new library). I’ve done this in photos using the My Albums -+ new album function. I’ve added some photos to it. All good so far.

i went to sync on my iPad so into finder. The new album does not appear in finder either in the list of albums under pictures or when I plug the iPad in and look at the photos section of the sync pane. Does that make sense?

here’s the new album 2023 in Photos

and here’s the list in Finder

it’s this same view in the sync pane.

hope that makes sense.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 12:09 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Hi Tony. Thanks very much for your time with this and apologies if I’m not being clear, this is all new to me. You are right I’m syncing using finder/usb cable.

so I’ve created a new album in photos (not a new library). I’ve done this in photos using the My Albums -+ new album function. I’ve added some photos to it. All good so far.

i went to sync on my iPad so into finder. The new album does not appear in finder either in the list of albums under pictures or when I plug the iPad in and look at the photos section of the sync pane. Does that make sense?

here’s the new album 2023 in Photos

and here’s the list in Finder

it’s this same view in the sync pane.

hope that makes sense.

Mar 13, 2021 11:05 PM in response to paulh2776

I've misunderstood - it sounds like you are syncing your photos with finder/USB cable rather than with iCloud. Is this correct?

However, your question is still not clear - because you said the second option was correct (a new library), but then went on to repeat it is a new folder/album.

To be clear - a library is a data structure which holds all your photos and all the infrormation about them, such as edit, keywords, albums etc etc. It is normally stored in your pictures folder, and called "photos library.photoslibrary" You create a new one by holding down the option key when starting photos and then get the pane in shown below with the "create new" button.

An album is just one the part of a library. Which you create within the photos app itself and add some of your pictures to it. I am thinking it is an album you have created, not a new library. Am I correct.

Certain Photo albums not appearing in Finder list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.