Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air desktop Audio Coming through the Microphone.

Hello. I have gotten a Macbook Air late 2013 and the desktop audio keeps coming through the Microphone. I talk to my friends on discord often so its really annoying for them to hear themselfs. I use the apple headphones and have even tried just using the built in microphone. It always comes through mic. It isnt a issue on the microphones picking up the volume. Somethings happening where the mic is putting the desktop audio through it. Anyone know how to fix?????????????????????????

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 8:49 AM

raahimk18 wrote:

Hello. I have gotten a Macbook Air late 2013 and the desktop audio keeps coming through the Microphone. I talk to my friends on discord often so its really annoying for them to hear themselfs. I use the apple headphones and have even tried just using the built in microphone. It always comes through mic. It isnt a issue on the microphones picking up the volume. Somethings happening where the mic is putting the desktop audio through it. Anyone know how to fix?????????????????????????

>System Preferences>Sound

Make some change.

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 8:49 AM in response to raahimk18

raahimk18 wrote:

>System Preferences>Sound

Make some change.

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

Macbook Air desktop Audio Coming through the Microphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.