Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad lagging

After the update of ios 14.4 my ipad pro 2018 is lagging and stuttering during normal tasks like scrolling or moving from browsers or apps. I don’t know whats happening and I really need a solution for this.Please help.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 1:09 AM

Two basic troubleshooting steps:

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 20-40 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

or, if the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 1:09 AM in response to shresth67

Two basic troubleshooting steps:

Try a "forced" restart of your iPad, using these instructions:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 20-40 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

or, if the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you still get no help, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Ipad lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.