Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall MacOS

Yesterday i decided to reinstall my macbook air 2017 13”. I cleaned my disk in disk utilities as google said, the next step i clicked Reinstall MacOS and it turned out the version which is Sierra, after that i just clicked continue but it popped out on my screen that “THE INSTALLER INFORMATION blah blah blah... DAMAGED”. I searched on Youtube to find out solutions, i tried TERMINAL to change the time etc combining with loads of groups of Command Shift Option P R :v it still didn’t work. I dont know what to do now PLS HELPPPPP. Thx in advance

p/s: for the first time i use combination of COMMAND R it was the Catalina ver but after i decided to try another one, booooom it was back to the older ver which is Sierra :((( i also tried internet recovery but my mac said “apple.com/support -2003F”

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 1:56 AM

User Wrote " ((( i also tried internet recovery but my mac said “apple.com/support -2003F” " That Error message is saying your did Not have any Internet Connection. To Use the Internet Recovery Mode - when booting using Command + Option +r at startup - if doing via Wifi - whatchamacallit's for the Wifi Icon to appear and you must Manually Input the Wifi Password. If via an Ethernet connection ( Cable from computer to Router ) it would not require a password this method is preferred as is more reliable and faster.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 1:56 AM in response to vic1309

User Wrote " ((( i also tried internet recovery but my mac said “apple.com/support -2003F” " That Error message is saying your did Not have any Internet Connection. To Use the Internet Recovery Mode - when booting using Command + Option +r at startup - if doing via Wifi - whatchamacallit's for the Wifi Icon to appear and you must Manually Input the Wifi Password. If via an Ethernet connection ( Cable from computer to Router ) it would not require a password this method is preferred as is more reliable and faster.

Reinstall MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.