Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi connection loss

Hi,

Even though my iPhone 12 Pro Max says I'm connected to WiFi, at times I cannot connect. Phone shows I'm connected but can't use any app that needs WiFi. If I turn off WiFi on my phone and then turn it back on, everything is okay again. This is getting tiresome. I've rebooted the phone and it doesn't solve the problem. Happens a couple times a day. Should I completely reset my iPhone as if it is a new iPhone?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 2:29 PM

Before you reset your iPhone completely to a new iPhone, please try Resetting Network Settings.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: You will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again after the network reset has been performed.

If your issue is related or tested with only one Wi-Fi Network (for example, your home) then reboot your router as well. Unplug it and plug it back in to power after 40 seconds).

Axel F.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2021 2:29 PM in response to lindafrombend

Before you reset your iPhone completely to a new iPhone, please try Resetting Network Settings.

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings: You will have to enter your Wi-Fi Network password(s) again after the network reset has been performed.

If your issue is related or tested with only one Wi-Fi Network (for example, your home) then reboot your router as well. Unplug it and plug it back in to power after 40 seconds).

Axel F.

Mar 20, 2021 6:23 PM in response to lindafrombend

As you know, resetting the iPhone as new and then loading everything back on will consume a lot of your time. Before you do that, I would like to ask you to test the Wi-Fi Network and connection that is not your home network. In other words, determine whether this happens with all Wi-Fi Networks. I know that testing this may not be plausible because it may require you to be connected to another Wi-Fi Network for time frames that you may not desire. I am trying to isolate your iPhone from your Router......

Axel F.

WiFi connection loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.