Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi on iPhone 11 will not connect, even after trying every solution

My iPhone 11 has not been connecting to the wifi anywhere. I have tried resetting the network settings, forgetting and reconnecting my wifi, I have updated the phone itself, etc. and it still will not work. What could be the problem?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 5:28 PM

ab_3003 Said:

"Wifi on iPhone 11 will not connect, even after trying every solution: My iPhone 11 has not been connecting to the wifi anywhere. I have tried resetting the network settings, forgetting and reconnecting my wifi, I have updated the phone itself, etc. and it still will not work. What could be the problem?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Four Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

C. Is Cellular Data ALWAYS Enabled?:

Cellular Data always overrules Wi-Fi. So, if applicable, disable Cellular Data, if enabled, and see if you get Wi-Fi to work.

D. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 5:28 PM in response to ab_3003

ab_3003 Said:

"Wifi on iPhone 11 will not connect, even after trying every solution: My iPhone 11 has not been connecting to the wifi anywhere. I have tried resetting the network settings, forgetting and reconnecting my wifi, I have updated the phone itself, etc. and it still will not work. What could be the problem?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Four Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Cellular Data always overrules Wi-Fi. So, if applicable, disable Cellular Data, if enabled, and see if you get Wi-Fi to work.

D. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

Dec 7, 2021 4:20 PM in response to DLaFleu

DLaFleu Said:

"So I tried all of the mentioned fixes AND called Apple support, still won’t connect. I have an 11pro and had ZERO issues prior to the ios15 update. It’s seriously frustrating as I have NO cellular service at home and MUST use WiFi to call, text, etc."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: on when the issue began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Nov 8, 2021 6:05 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Cellular Data always overrules Wi-Fi.

No it does not! You keep posting this WRONG information, even after being told multiple times it is wrong. If both cellular data and Wi-Fi are enabled the phone will ALWAYS use Wi-Fi and not cellular data, except when the screen is locked AND the phone is not plugged in (because Wi-Fi is turned off 30 seconds after the phone sleeps unless the phone is plugged in).

An active Wi-Fi connection ALWAYS takes precedence over Cellular Data.

Wifi on iPhone 11 will not connect, even after trying every solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.