Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Downloading XCode (or upgrading the OS)?

Hello. My goal is to build Unity games for the iOS. To do that I would need to download XCode. Can anyone help me with that?

Here is my thought process.

1) I used the App Store and found XCode. Clicked Install. It failed, saying, "Xcode can’t be installed on “AppleHD” because macOS version 10.15.4 or later is required." I have a Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103).

2) I tried upgrading to Big Sur, and it failed. Then I tried Catalina, and it failed also. It says, "This volume is not formatted as APFS."

I am really new to MacOS, and would appreciate the easiest way to just get XCode and build my Unity games.

Thank you.

System Spec:

Version 10.14.6 (18G103)

MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2009)

Processor 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Startup Disk AppleHD

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

MacBook

Posted on Mar 14, 2021 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:04 AM

Welcome!

I'm seeing a "disconnect."

Version 10.14.6 (18G103)

and

A Mid 2009 MacBook Pro is hardware-constrained to running no higher OS than 10.11.6 "El Capitan." If you are using a hack to run a non-supported OS, I suspect that is the problem. That hack may not be able to overcome what is needed for anything higher than 10.14.

If you can fill in some of the blanks so we can eliminate the disconnect between model and macOS version, we may be able to do a better job of advising you.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 9:04 AM in response to PapaStout

Welcome!

I'm seeing a "disconnect."

Version 10.14.6 (18G103)

and

A Mid 2009 MacBook Pro is hardware-constrained to running no higher OS than 10.11.6 "El Capitan." If you are using a hack to run a non-supported OS, I suspect that is the problem. That hack may not be able to overcome what is needed for anything higher than 10.14.

If you can fill in some of the blanks so we can eliminate the disconnect between model and macOS version, we may be able to do a better job of advising you.

Help Downloading XCode (or upgrading the OS)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.