Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2015 MacBook Pro 15 inch's screen goes black for a second while the apple progress bar reaches half while booting

I'm getting this weird glitch happening every time I boot my laptop.

I turn on my MacBook Pro, apple progress bar reaches half and then for a second the screen will black out and then will boot normally. Before doing a full cleaning of the internals this would not happen.

Tried resetting NVRAM and SMC but no avail.

Has anyone ever encountered this actually? I scattered across the internet but nothing came up for this issue. Reinstalling MacOS is my last hope but I have some feeling that it's not associated with that.

Any help will be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 2:44 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2021 5:06 AM in response to Zhaku04

Zhaku04 wrote:

I'm getting this weird glitch happening every time I boot my laptop.
I turn on my MacBook Pro, apple progress bar reaches half and then for a second the screen will black out and then will boot normally. Before doing a full cleaning of the internals this would not happen.
Tried resetting NVRAM and SMC but no avail.

Has anyone ever encountered this actually? I scattered across the internet but nothing came up for this issue. Reinstalling MacOS is my last hope but I have some feeling that it's not associated with that.

Any help will be appreciated.

This is a concerning statement:

" Before doing a full cleaning of the internals this would not happen. "

You do not say what exactly you did, but it is not advised to use any third party cleaning app—which typically add nothing but issues. Uninstall all cleaners, optimizers, speeder uppers...

I suspect your way forward is to reinstall the macOS:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Mar 15, 2021 6:05 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for replying to my question!

By this statement " Before doing a full cleaning of the internals this would not happen. " I meant to say that I did clean the dust residing on the internals of my MacBook Pro. Also I don't condone into using third party cleaning software.

So what your recommendation would be besides reinstalling MacOS?

Mar 15, 2021 6:08 AM in response to Zhaku04

Zhaku04 wrote:

Thanks for replying to my question!

By this statement " Before doing a full cleaning of the internals this would not happen. " I meant to say that I did clean the dust residing on the internals of my MacBook Pro. Also I don't condone into using third party cleaning software.

So what your recommendation would be besides reinstalling MacOS?

To sort anomalies like yours I would recommend reinstalling the macOS, and see if it sorts your issue.

A glitch is just that; if no other ramifications then simply ignore the glitch if you do not want to proceed w/ the reinstall.

My 2015 MacBook Pro 15 inch's screen goes black for a second while the apple progress bar reaches half while booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.