Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I backup my old phone if my computer says its low on memory even after deleting most of my files?

how can I backup my old phone if my computer says its low on memory even after deleting most of my files?

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 9:52 AM

If your computer is low on free hard drive space then perhaps you should switch to iCloud for backup. When restoring a backup to a new device the old backup is archived and a new backup is created. The restore process might potentially fail if there isn't enough room to do this. What is the free space on your computer's system drive? How much memory have you used on the iPhone, excluding media?

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 9:52 AM in response to juanig1201

If your computer is low on free hard drive space then perhaps you should switch to iCloud for backup. When restoring a backup to a new device the old backup is archived and a new backup is created. The restore process might potentially fail if there isn't enough room to do this. What is the free space on your computer's system drive? How much memory have you used on the iPhone, excluding media?

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.