Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop sharing my info with my husbands phone

My husband and I recently got new IPhone 12SE. The phones were activated by our new provider. Everything transferred from my old phone to my new, but it also transferred my info to my husbands phone. How can I stop sharing my info to his phone and how do I transfer his info from his old phone to his new phone without it transferring to mine?

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 3:41 PM

You and your husband need to immediately stop sharing an Apple ID. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique ID.

The person getting a new Apple ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then “move in” to the like-new (software-wise) iPhone using the new Apple ID.

You may institute Family Sharing if you wish.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2021 3:41 PM in response to veronna129

You and your husband need to immediately stop sharing an Apple ID. Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique ID.

The person getting a new Apple ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his device(s) as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then “move in” to the like-new (software-wise) iPhone using the new Apple ID.

You may institute Family Sharing if you wish.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

How do I stop sharing my info with my husbands phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.