Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else seen this? "Icloud is temporarily unavailable for your Apple ID because of account maintenance"?

Has anyone else seen this? "Icloud is temporarily unavailable for your Apple ID because of account maintenance"?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 1:58 PM

No, no real answer, but it was an Apple server issue. Had a great Apple tech assure me it was on their side and he’d run interference on it for me. True to his word, it cleared up in a few days. Thanks for checking in.

7 replies

Mar 17, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

I wish I could paste the screen grab I took of it, but Apple fixed it. It was escalated up the chain, but I'm pretty sure it is fixed as the error went away, but I'm not sure all apps are syncing across all devices yet. I have 3 macs, an ipad and iphone and I get the sense the macs and the ipad/iphone are on different servers? I know I'll get it to work eventually. Thanks for getting back to me.

Apr 23, 2021 7:02 PM in response to Litodeck169

I've been trying to diagnose this same issue since April 20th. I finally found the logs in Connection Doctor within Apple Mail, and I'm getting the error "User account temporarily unavailable for system maintenance" in the log details that are captured in Connection Doctor when trying to connect to iCloud. This is happening on all three of my Macs (a Mac Mini, a MacBook Air 11", and a MacBook Air 13". I continue to be connected to all other iCloud services (Calendar, Contacts, etc.) on all three Macs, but Mail continues to be unavailable for my account since ~1:00 pm EDT.

-areuther

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.