Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unhiding apps

when i went to hidden apps, instead of the cloud, it just says open next to the app i want to unhide. how do i unhide the app now?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 6:25 AM

You are confusing hiding purchases in the App Store with taking apps off the Home Screen

Locate the app in Store App Library which is past the last home screen. Swipe the home screens left til you get to the App Library

Locate the app. Tap and hold the icon til you can move it into a home screen

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 6:25 AM in response to lizzysullivn

You are confusing hiding purchases in the App Store with taking apps off the Home Screen

Locate the app in Store App Library which is past the last home screen. Swipe the home screens left til you get to the App Library

Locate the app. Tap and hold the icon til you can move it into a home screen

Mar 17, 2021 6:13 AM in response to LD150

i can search the app up on my phone and i can still use it, but i don’t physically have it on my home screen, i’m trying to get it physically back on my home screen. apple said to go to hidden apps purchases and redownload it. there is supposed to be a cloud next to the app to re download it, but it says open next to it. i wanted the app physically back on my homescreen, but i can’t seem to get it back on

unhiding apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.