Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else having problems getting AOL email on your iPhone?

I am unable to get email from one of my accounts with AOL. I keep getting a message....Cannot Get Mail....go to mail account settings and enter password. The password is already in there...I even changed it...still not working. My next step is to call Apple.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Liza S. wrote:

I am unable to get email from one of my accounts with AOL. I keep getting a message....Cannot Get Mail....go to mail account settings and enter password. The password is already in there...I even changed it...still not working. My next step is to call Apple.

No your next step is to contact AOL or look at their support site. AOL updated their security settings requiring an app specific password . This is not an Apple or iphone issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 8:27 AM in response to Liza S.

Liza S. wrote:

No your next step is to contact AOL or look at their support site. AOL updated their security settings requiring an app specific password . This is not an Apple or iphone issue.

Is anyone else having problems getting AOL email on your iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.