Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unhide an app

I accidentally hid an app. How do you unhide an app in the "purchase" section of the App Store on my iPad ? when I open the store, there is no icon at the top as suggested in the information supplied.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Per Apple, here is how to unhide and Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

“You can't unhide an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but you can redownload an app. You don't have to buy the app again.”

I don’t have anything as old as iOS 10 to check this, though.

2 replies

Mar 16, 2021 10:00 AM in response to whmisguy

Hi there,

You can find hidden purchases in the App Store.

On an iPhone tap your Account on the top right of the screen and this will open up where your app updates are found. Tap on your name at the top of the screen and you will need your password/TouchID/FaceID to open a new page in which you’ll find a tab that says “Hidden Purchases”. Tap on this and in it you will find your hidden apps.

I hope this

Unhide an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.