Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need an Air Print printer that can print from both an iPad Air 4 and a windows based laptop. How do I determine which Air Print printers can do both and corrersponding instructions?

I need an Air Print printer that can print from both an iPad Air 4 and a windows based laptop. How do I determine which Air Print printers can do both and their corresponding how-to instructions?

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 10:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2021 4:27 PM in response to yankeeberra

I agree with LotusPilot. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any AirPrint printer that cannot be printed to from an iPhone and iPad, a Mac, Windows ,Linux computer and so forth. They all are basic wireless printers that support the AirPrint protocol but that doesn’t mean windows cannot use them with the right print drivers from the manufacturer.

I’ve owned a Epson, a Canon and currently use an HP Office Jet Pro. Never had a problem printing from them from iOS or iPadOS nor Windows 10 and MacOS. Just connect them to your WiFi network, download any drivers or utilities needed from the manufacturer’s website and set them up on the computers as you would any other WiFi network printer.

With my current HP, their utility supports WiFi scanning and printing seamlessly in MacOS Big Sur (and Catalina before that) and from my work provided Lenovo windows 10 machine.

The major name brands printer makers should not be a problem.

I need an Air Print printer that can print from both an iPad Air 4 and a windows based laptop. How do I determine which Air Print printers can do both and corrersponding instructions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.