Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to search a keyword in multiple Pages on macbook

I'm using iOS Pages app and I have several pages opened. Now, if I want to search a keyword across all different Pages (docs) available in the Pages folder, how can I do that?

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 1:04 AM

Spotlight does search content as well as file names.

Here's a search result on "grep". Note the name of the Pages document, and the name of the dog, which appears once in the document in the text box below the photo.

Regards,

Barry

6 replies

Mar 16, 2021 2:10 PM in response to mtarun

A more interesting question, perhaps, is how are you managing to run an iOS version of Pages on a Macbook? 🤔

That aside,

You can search for a keyword in multiple documents using a Spotlight search. Click the magnifier icon at the right end of the menu bar and enter your keyword.

The search will,unless you choose a different option, include all documents accessible by the OS.

To limit the search to a single folder, see this 2009 post from Chris CA: Limit Spotlight search to a folder - Apple Community

To locate the keyword in each document, you'l need to open the individual documents and do a Find on each.

Regards,

Barry

Is there any way to search a keyword in multiple Pages on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.