Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low volume when trying to listen to someone speak on the phone

Has anyone found a fix for the low volume when trying to hear the person you are speaking to on the phone? Unless my phone is on speaker, or I use headphones, it is next to impossible to hear someone that calls me. My speakers are not damaged, no physical damage to the phone, settings are correct, sounds and haptics and also side volume. It’s not the ringtone that’s low, it’s the speaker that you listen with while the phone is to your ear.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 5:46 PM

Hey!

Here are some steps to solve you're terrible issue

An app is running in the background that controls the overall volume, having an audio-based application in the background can be buffering your volume (like for an example; YouTube, twitch, twitter)

Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver, such as a case or screen protector. If you have a new iPhone, remove the plastic film on the front and back of the device. Check the receiver opening to see if it's blocked or dirty. If necessary, clean the receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush ideally a small paintbrush.

If audio continues to buffer/be lowered when in a current call with another individual, I recommend performing a hard reset along with DFU if necessarily.

You may or may not have to contact apple yourself and setup a Genius Bar appointment to get this problem solved

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 5:46 PM in response to Nikilina0976

Hey!

Here are some steps to solve you're terrible issue

An app is running in the background that controls the overall volume, having an audio-based application in the background can be buffering your volume (like for an example; YouTube, twitch, twitter)

Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver, such as a case or screen protector. If you have a new iPhone, remove the plastic film on the front and back of the device. Check the receiver opening to see if it's blocked or dirty. If necessary, clean the receiver opening with a small, soft-bristled brush ideally a small paintbrush.

If audio continues to buffer/be lowered when in a current call with another individual, I recommend performing a hard reset along with DFU if necessarily.

You may or may not have to contact apple yourself and setup a Genius Bar appointment to get this problem solved

Low volume when trying to listen to someone speak on the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.