Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Sim Issue

I have US version of IPhone 12 Pro Max with a T-mobile e-sim (primary) and AT&T physical sim (secondary). I use primary line for calls/texts and secondary for internet. Whenever I receive a call I loose the internet, why is this happening? And is there a work around it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 9:09 PM

When you receive a call on your Primary line then the secondary line is actually not active. This why your data, which is associated with you secondary line, is OFF during the length of your phone call. You can avoid this by setting ALLOW CELLULAR DATA SWITCHING to ON on your secondary line. This way when you are on a call then the data service will be shifted to your primary line for the duration of the phone call. Once you hang up the line then the data service will return to the secondary line.

Open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ Cellular Data ➔ Allow Cellular Data Switching : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2021 9:09 PM in response to 1s1ngh

When you receive a call on your Primary line then the secondary line is actually not active. This why your data, which is associated with you secondary line, is OFF during the length of your phone call. You can avoid this by setting ALLOW CELLULAR DATA SWITCHING to ON on your secondary line. This way when you are on a call then the data service will be shifted to your primary line for the duration of the phone call. Once you hang up the line then the data service will return to the secondary line.

Open Settings ➔ Cellular ➔ Cellular Data ➔ Allow Cellular Data Switching : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

Dual Sim Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.