Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked Iphone and save photo's

my iphone has probably been hacked. Now I know the only option is to factory reset my phone. But can somehow keep my photos? For example if they are stored in my icloud? So that after the factory settings I put my photos back on my Icloud.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 8:01 AM

Ellen_Rensing Said:

"Hacked Iphone and save photo's: my iphone has probably been hacked. Now I know the only option is to factory reset my phone. But can somehow keep my photos? For example if they are stored in my icloud? So that after the factory settings I put my photos back on my Icloud."

-------

Please Clarify:

What makes you suspect that your iPhone was hacked? More information would help.

It has not been hacked, unless it is jailbroken.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 8:01 AM in response to Ellen_Rensing

Ellen_Rensing Said:

"Hacked Iphone and save photo's: my iphone has probably been hacked. Now I know the only option is to factory reset my phone. But can somehow keep my photos? For example if they are stored in my icloud? So that after the factory settings I put my photos back on my Icloud."

-------

Please Clarify:

What makes you suspect that your iPhone was hacked? More information would help.

It has not been hacked, unless it is jailbroken.

Mar 17, 2021 9:27 AM in response to Ellen_Rensing

Ellen_Rensing Said:

"Hacked Iphone and save photo's: I clicked on a link that turned out to be a phishing link. Yesterday I got all kinds of messages in my notes saying 'you have been hacked', 'beware of your phone is at risk', etc. It also contained emojis and spelling errors. There were also a number of black photos and videos made in my gallery. "

-------

Where to Go From Here:

The major way around this would be to either (A.) restore* from a backup** you made of this iPhone, prior to all of this. Or reinstall the iPhone anew***, first enabling contacts in iCloud***.

A. *Restore and **Backup:

*Restoring: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a Backup -Apple Support

**Backing Up: How to Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

B. ***Reinstalling Anew:

Go Here: What to do Before you Sell, give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

C. ****Enable “Contacts” in iCloud Settings:

Log into iCloud on the new iPhone. Then, tap Contacts in iCloud settings, making it green.

1. Go Here: Change your iCloud Feature Settings - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Turn iCloud features on or off
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Hacked Iphone and save photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.