Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro max display dead pixels

Hello everyone,

I bought my iPhone 12 Pro max last November.

Few days ago i noticed there's dead pixels on the bottom of display. This is making me crazy.

(Pictures attached)

I'm a person that using gadgets extremely careful 🥰

So, i DIDN'T drop it or throw it to table hard etc.

And as soon as i took out phone from the box, i applied screen protector and back cover.

What is the reason and what should i do?😩

This is horrible 😔😭

I'm from Qatar. Apologies for the grammar 😅

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 11:59 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 18, 2021 11:33 AM in response to Himi777

Hey there Himi777,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you've discovered what appears to be dead pixels on your iPhone display and you'd like to know how to proceed.

For something like this, you can either contact Apple Support directly for guidance on service options: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support. Or, you could visit with your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider: Apple - Find Locations. Due to matters related to COVID-19, if you choose the store option, be sure to locate your local store to confirm they are open, and to confirm their hours: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. You’ll also want to be sure you set up an appointment, vs. walking in. You may also want to read over this article: Apple’s approach to reopening stores.

You can find information related to hardware service for iPhone in Qatar here, too: iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Mar 21, 2021 6:19 AM in response to Himi777

Himi777,

Thanks for the update!

It sounds like you're on the right track in getting this display issue addressed. We can't answer your specific questions or speculate on what options the service provider has given you at this point. However, you can use this link to confirm the service center is an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or you can use the link to look for another location for a second opinion on servicing your display: Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Take care!

Mar 18, 2021 2:30 PM in response to Sharon_419

Hello Sharon,

I really appreciate your response to this matter.

I already visit apple authorized service center (51 East,Doha) and they said they don't have parts (Display/Screen) to fix this. So they suggested me to keep my phone in the service center approximately one month time. (Which i didn't do yet)

Service agent said they need to order parts from the Dubai and it'll take around 3 weeks just to get the parts.

I'm wondering if they are telling the truth? Are they getting ORIGINAL apple spare parts from Dubai?

Regards...🙂

iPhone 12 Pro max display dead pixels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.