Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add my Covid vaccination card to Wallet app on iPhone

how to add my cover vaccination card to wallet on iPhone 7 OS 14.4

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:19 PM

You can manually add information to the Health app by following these steps: When you open the Health app and click Browse, you'll have several categories to choose from like Immunization and Medications, among others

23 replies

Mar 24, 2021 9:24 AM in response to not_configured

On iOS 14.4.1: Heath app > tap your self-assigned image round in the upper right > Medical ID > Edit > do you see a “Medications” section listed?

Log feedback with Apple, but there’s seemingly nothing consistent that can be scanned and added to Wallet akin to a boarding pass card or a gift card—countries and regions are each and all doing their own thing with these papers or cards and formats—not past maybe embedding a user-submitted photo. Which you can mostly do now, with your own custom-added photo album to make that and related images easier to find.

Anybody (officially) asking about your vaccination status is likely going to want to see the physical card, too.

And scammers are going to scam.

Mar 24, 2021 11:02 AM in response to not_configured

If you read this, View health records on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support, it explains how to add the vaccination to a section titled Immunizations. However, in order to even see the Health Records Options that show in the support article, you have to link to your provider’s medical records. That’s how you get to the options that show in the second image in the article. If you don’t add the provider in the Add Account section, you don’t get all of those options.

I added my vaccination to the Medications list under my Medical ID in my profile settings. I also took a photo of the card for the photos app as suggested by MrHoffman.

Apr 13, 2021 12:17 PM in response to Su0mi

You will only see the category for immunizations if you link your health data with you health provider’s account.

Launch the Health App, tap browse, swipe to the bottom, and tap on Add Account under the heading of Health Records.

Now you have the opportunity to link your medical information from your health care provider to the Health App. Once you add that account, you will see Immunizations. This explains what I am talking about.

Download health records in Health on iPhone - Apple Support

Sometimes, and I say this often, Apple’s instructions are as clear as mud. The text that QuickTimeKirk posted above is from a support article that I can’t find right now. If you could see that actual article, it might be a little clearer.

EDIT - I found the article for which I wanted to post the link. Here it is.

View health records on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 20, 2021 7:41 AM in response to ric179

No.

Not looking in Photos.

First responders look in the health app for pertinent emergency data including lists of meds and allergies and physician names and pertinent medical history, as that emergency data is intentionally accessible from the iPhone lock screen. This data is stored in the Health App. Include your vaccination status there.

First responders also look for a medical alert jewelry, and which is usually a bracelet, or maybe necklace or anklet. I’ve never seen a vaccination listed on any medical alert jewelry, and it’s really not something likely listed. This as folks don’t always have their devices. Or the device got dunked in whatever just happened, etc.

That you were vaccinated is probably not relevant in an emergency or acute medical context. Everybody is still going to mask.

Past the initial or acute stages of the emergency, then maybe folks will be interested. But by then your medical records are usually available, and your vaccination status should be included in your online records.

Source: I was a first responder for many years. We didn’t get many that filled out that emergency medical data. Or that kept it current. But the emergency data was a spot we did check. But not in photos (not at all, nope, not ever), and we didn’t like going into wallets (for ID), and only then going in with witnesses, etc.

Mar 23, 2021 10:09 PM in response to MrHoffman

I'm running 14.4.1 -- I can't find the "Medications" section either. I looked in "+Other data", and found references to medications, e.g. inhaler usage, insulin delivery..... but that's not what I think you were referring to.

We have been told to safeguard the COVID-19 Vaccination Card as you would your social security card, and to put a picture in your mobile, and then keep the original in a safe location. The scammers are already selling fake vaccination cards. Perhaps Apple would help us out and make some provisions to keep a copy in the Apple Wallet, or in the Health application?

Mar 24, 2021 10:56 AM in response to MrHoffman

According to one of our esteemed lounge members, depending on who your provider is, they may be able to provide a link to your vaccination card which can be downloaded to Apple Wallet. His provider was able to provide this ability to him and his wife.

If you care to read it, the post is in the FHB and it was a discussion that I started.

Mar 24, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Demo

That Health app linkage is not available to a whole lot of us.

I have to use access into EPIC to see that data.

EPIC isn’t tied to the local vaccination efforts.

Nor is EPIC (at least locally) tied into Health app.

So I use the Health app medications section, the WHO yellow card (where that’s used), and photos, etc.

Which is what’s listed above.

Yeah; also aware of the FHB thread, though that’s restricted to level 6 and higher so many of us here can’t see it.

Apr 13, 2021 1:17 PM in response to Su0mi

Su0mi wrote:
it would be great if Apple created a way to add our Covid vaccine information or photos of cards to the digital wallet.

The problem is that the Wallet is a quasi-legal “document”, thus, only official records can be added to it, and only by the provider of the record. As there is currently a huge market for forged vaccination records it’s probably a good thing that you can only add one offered by your medical provider. The place that I got my shots did provide an electronic vaccination record and a button to add it to the Wallet. You should check with yours.

May 18, 2021 4:40 PM in response to ShaylynnH

Apple has a way to store your vaccination record in Wallet, but it requires the agency that vaccinated you to provide an electronic record that has the ability to import to Wallet, so it comes from an official source. You can’t put just anything into Wallet; it is a quasi-legal “document”, meaning that anything in it, credit cards, memberships, tickets, etc were all issued by a legal entity and being in the wallet is proof that you are entitled to the item. That’s why you can’t store an image of a vaccination card in the Wallet; there is no chain of ownership from the card to the wallet. There is currently a huge black market in vaccination cards; If anyone could just add one to the Wallet then the wallet would become useless as an official record.

Many agencies doing vaccinations do provide a way to add them to the wallet; mine did, for example. And if you are vaccinated in New York State the state health department provides official records that can be imported into Wallet.

How to add my Covid vaccination card to Wallet app on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.