Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync audiobook playback position between PC and iPhone

Using Windows 10 iTunes 12.11 and iPhone SE 2nd with iOS 14.4

When I listen to a book on the phone using the iOS book app, then sync with the PC the playback position is correctly set on the PC to the point I stopped listening. However, when I then continue listening to that book on the PC, and then sync with the iPhone, the playback position on the iPhone is not changed. I have looked through the postings here and have checked all the settings recommended on the PC (remember playback information, book info, etc.) but can't find any references to a setting on the iPhone that will affect this issue. What am I missing, or is this a known problem syncing a book you read first on one device then another?

• Robert

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:57 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 18, 2021 4:58 PM in response to Cheryl_I1

I am using both iTunes and the Apple iOS Book app to read books. This only happens when I read a book on the phone, then sync, then continue the reading book on the PC, then sync and continue reading the book again on the Apple iPhone Book app.

The position change caused by the PC is not transferred to the iPhone. When I read on the iPhone and sync, the position change caused by the phone *is* sent to the PC.

I don't do this often, but it happens every time I do this phone/pc/phone reading and sync.

• Robert

Mar 18, 2021 4:33 PM in response to TunedSheep

Hi there TunedSheep,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are trying to sync your audiobook position between a PC and your iPhone. Which app are you using for your audiobooks? Has this issue happened every time you tried to sync your audiobook, or has it happened this one time?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Sync audiobook playback position between PC and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.