Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple Books becomes official audiobook home for Reese’s Book Club. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync audio books to iPhone?

I have some audio books on my iPhone from a while back. I added a new audio book to Books on my desktop. I expected it to show up on my iPhone, since I sync books over icloud. The new book didn't show up. In the end, I connected my phone with a usb cable to my desktop, and discovered that the only thing I apparently have ever synced in the recent past using this approach were (wait for it) Audiobooks!

Apparently it has been a while. Technically my audio book was a spoken word mp3 which I wanted to listen to like an audio book since I wanted the +/- 10 seconds feature that is not there in the music player app.

Is syncing over the cable really the only way for audio books to get on my phone?

Mac mini, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:29 AM

That’s interesting that Apple Books audiobooks don’t sync across devices through iCloud. That’s unexpected.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 10, 2022 8:39 AM in response to picas

It is curious to me that I don't have to do this for text based ebooks. They just show up with my pdfs and whatnot.

Question for you picas: By "downloading it directly" I guess you are talking about buying an audio book through the "Book Store" feature of the app on iOS. Is that right? Or is there another way to "download (an audiobook) directly"?

How to sync audio books to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.