Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter already has an Apple Music subscription. If she joins my family sharing Apple Music plan and her own plan cancels, will she lose the music she has downloaded?

My daughter has an Apple Music plan. If she joins my family sharing plan, will she lose her downloaded music when her plan is cancelled?

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 8:15 PM

According to the footnote in the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

By following that procedure, her music library should be retained. Sometimes it is necessary to turn Sync Library off for all of her devices after joining, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 8:15 PM in response to virefam

According to the footnote in the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

By following that procedure, her music library should be retained. Sometimes it is necessary to turn Sync Library off for all of her devices after joining, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

My daughter already has an Apple Music subscription. If she joins my family sharing Apple Music plan and her own plan cancels, will she lose the music she has downloaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.