Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur bricked my Mac Pro

I'm really nervous about installing Big Sur on my MacPro 2013. The last time it completely bricked the computer and I ended up restoring the backup. A whole very stressful weekend was spent doing this.

Has anything changed in the latest version to address this?

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 11:21 AM

Yes. They issued this article, made fixes, and if you have any problems now, you are instructed to contact support:

If you can’t install macOS Big Sur on certain 13-inch MacBook Pro computers from 2013 and 2014 - Apple Support

3 replies

Mar 18, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Donethat

I've installed Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra dozens upon dozens of times on my 2013 Mac Pro with any issues. I've pulled the internal PCLe SSD and replaced with a snitch adaptor and an NVMe m2 without any issues. I've had OWC upgrade the 6 core processor to 10 core without any issues.

So what's to fear about Big Sur install? I'd be looking into and not pointing fingers.

Big Sur bricked my Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.