Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant Failure

Whenever I turn migration assistant on for my Mac, the wifi symbol goes gray. Is this the wifi turning off??? How do I correct this so I can get my files from my old windows laptop?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:19 PM

JobeBryant wrote:

Whenever I turn migration assistant on for my Mac, the wifi symbol goes gray. Is this the wifi turning off??? How do I correct this so I can get my files from my old windows laptop?

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac

WiFi is the last way you want to try and move data between machines when you up grade, a cable connection will be much faster, compared to days...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 4:19 PM in response to JobeBryant

JobeBryant wrote:

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac

WiFi is the last way you want to try and move data between machines when you up grade, a cable connection will be much faster, compared to days...

Migration Assistant Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.