Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro locked up. Screen is unresponsive. Cannot turn off or enter passcode

How can I shut down iPad when screen is unresponsive

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 7:13 PM

The iPad Pro intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue is well known here for well over two years, now.

It mainly affects iPad Pro models from 2017, but iPad Pro users with earlier and later year iPad Pros have still been reporting tbis issue, as well.

I suggest you contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Device Performance and Connectivity support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

If you can, if no real resolution/s to this from initial Apple support employees, be courteous, but I urge you to keep pushing this issue up higher ranks of Apple support personnel.

This has been a long standing issue that has still not been figured out or solved by Apple and it needs to be pushed up to higher level tiers of much higher level, engineering level Apple support personnel.

Best of Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 7:13 PM in response to andychengdu

The iPad Pro intermittent, unresponsive touch screen issue is well known here for well over two years, now.

It mainly affects iPad Pro models from 2017, but iPad Pro users with earlier and later year iPad Pros have still been reporting tbis issue, as well.

I suggest you contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Device Performance and Connectivity support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

If you can, if no real resolution/s to this from initial Apple support employees, be courteous, but I urge you to keep pushing this issue up higher ranks of Apple support personnel.

This has been a long standing issue that has still not been figured out or solved by Apple and it needs to be pushed up to higher level tiers of much higher level, engineering level Apple support personnel.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad Pro locked up. Screen is unresponsive. Cannot turn off or enter passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.