Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't shut off safari

On the safari at the top of my lap top it is not highlighted and therefore I can't shut it off,

I also can't do a restart.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Mar 18, 2021 9:41 PM in response to Herbiesmom

Whether it is Safari or any other app, if it does not work as intended, just Force Quit it by following the steps below. Please note that Force Quitting will not save any unsaved data. For example, if you were creating a document in Pages, and if you Force Quit the Pages app, the document won't be saved. It will be lost.

To force quit a non-responsive app on Mac:

1. Click the Apple logo from the top left.
  2. Click Force Quit.
  3. Select Safari (or the desired app), and click Force Quit.

Shortcut for Force Quit: You may also press Command + Option + esc to directly bring the Force Quit menu.

If you are unable to click on the Apple logo, the above shortcut will help. Or, you can press the F3 key to bring up Mission Control. Next, click on the plus (+) icon from the top right to add a new desktop. On this desktop, click on the Apple logo and Force Quit Safari (or any other misbehaving app).

Hope it helps.

I can't shut off safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.