Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Keyboard Inputs Wrong Keys When Using Bulgarian Phonetic Layout

I have an iPhone XS Max, running iOS 14.4.1.

I often text/message with a bluetooth keyboard while at work. When I switch my in-phone keyboard layout to 'Bulgarian Phonetic', the keys I press on the keyboard do not correspond with the ones shown on-screen, and the phone is instead using the layout of the 'Bulgarian Standard' layout.

For example, pressing the F key should produce the letter Ф, however it produces the letter O, which is in that position on the 'Bulgarian Standard' layout.

This is a new issue, as it used to work a few months ago. Anyone else experience similar issues or have an idea for a solution?

Thank you.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 8:09 AM

You need to go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge. Make sure that what you have checked is Bulgarian Phonetic and NOT "automatic" or something else.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 19, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for the reply Tom,

I looked under those settings, but there is no "hardware keyboard" listed anywhere. I never changed any settings in regards to this, and the inputs were working fine. I believe a recent OS update created this issue.

The phone doesn't realize there's two separate Bulgarian keyboard options when I use the bluetooth keyboard, and defaults to the Standard one.

Bluetooth Keyboard Inputs Wrong Keys When Using Bulgarian Phonetic Layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.