Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from two apple ids mixed

My sister logged into her apple id on my ipad, a while after she logged in i noticed the photos from her phone were now in my camera roll and now the camera rolls on our other devices have mixed our photos together, does anyone know how to fix this?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 10:26 AM

It may be worth reiterating at this point that iOS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared between users.

So as to sign-in to your iPad, it was necessary to first-sign out of your own AppleID. The same is true in reverse.

When signing-out from iCloud, you will have been presented with the choice to save a local copy of the associated iCloud data. If you chose to do so, this data will have been automatically merged with the iCloud data when signing-in to a different AppleID. The only way to remove merged data is to manually delete each item.

Be aware that personally sensitive data (such as your Keychain), Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders etc. may have been similarly merged.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2021 10:26 AM in response to swag4ever

It may be worth reiterating at this point that iOS/iPadOS devices are not intended to be shared between users.

So as to sign-in to your iPad, it was necessary to first-sign out of your own AppleID. The same is true in reverse.

When signing-out from iCloud, you will have been presented with the choice to save a local copy of the associated iCloud data. If you chose to do so, this data will have been automatically merged with the iCloud data when signing-in to a different AppleID. The only way to remove merged data is to manually delete each item.

Be aware that personally sensitive data (such as your Keychain), Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders etc. may have been similarly merged.

Photos from two apple ids mixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.