Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard shortcuts no longer work for Music app

I normally use the buttons on my keyboard to skip to the next song in the Music app. But for some reason those buttons are not working anymore. I went into the Shortcuts section of the System Preferences, and clicked the "restore defaults", but that didn't seem to do anything.

What is the best way to restore these keyboard buttons so they work in the Music app?

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Thanks for getting in touch, bentStaple. We can help.

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with keyboard shortcuts working with Apple Music. You can check out the shortcuts listed in Keyboard shortcuts in Music on Mac to be sure you're using the correct shortcuts for this app.

If you find that you're still running into the same behavior after confirming the shortcut, you can check to see if there are any shortcut conflicts, and resolve them, using the steps found in If a keyboard shortcut doesn’t work on Mac.

Give that a try and see if there is any improvement.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 8:28 AM in response to bentStaple

Thanks for getting in touch, bentStaple. We can help.

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with keyboard shortcuts working with Apple Music. You can check out the shortcuts listed in Keyboard shortcuts in Music on Mac to be sure you're using the correct shortcuts for this app.

If you find that you're still running into the same behavior after confirming the shortcut, you can check to see if there are any shortcut conflicts, and resolve them, using the steps found in If a keyboard shortcut doesn’t work on Mac.

Give that a try and see if there is any improvement.

Take care.

Keyboard shortcuts no longer work for Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.