Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017). whats the latest os I can get?

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017). whats the latest os I can get, I have version 10.13.6 but will not let me update

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 1:59 PM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click on Big Sur. If you encounter a specific issue, describe it in this thread.

Nobody on these boards, and likely nobody at Apple, will know what its eventual maximum OS will be.

(194388)

5 replies

May 10, 2021 7:52 PM in response to Phil_Noir

The latest version you can update your mac is Big Sur 11.2.3. I have updated my MacBook with ease How to Upgrade to Big Sur.

Before upgrading you should definitely Backup your Mac and check if your Mac is compatible with it or not. Actually i generally wait for about 1-2 weeks to make sure that it is free from any bugs (it rarely happens) but I use my macbook for work so i want to be sure that the newest version is compatible with my software.

Also, i have a MacBook Air 2017 whose battery is showing warning sign for "Recommended service" and when i use to charge it, i was only getting 30-45 minutes of battery back up and was also not charging sometimes. After updating the Macbook air to Big sur the battery backup is now over 3hours, although the service sign is still showing.

So updating to the new OS does have its benefits and if your are not sure if it is safe to update? or should you update to Big Sur. It is definitely safe and secure.

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017). whats the latest os I can get?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.