Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to reinstall OS after Erase. MacOS Catalina window is showing a message "Select the disk you want to install macOS." There is nothing to select.

Hi. I have Mac mini with BigsSur OS originally Catalina. My Mac mini is the last year version right before M1 CPU.

After OS(BigSur) update, there was a login issue and I couldn't find solution so I decided to erase and reinstall OS. The window of Catalina shows "Select the disk you want to install macOS." There is nothing to select. I just stuck there again. And I tried to use Time Machine backup also but it is the same issue. No disk shows up, either. Any one can help me? Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 3:50 PM

3 replies

I want to reinstall OS after Erase. MacOS Catalina window is showing a message "Select the disk you want to install macOS." There is nothing to select.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.