Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless charging

just Got the iPhone 12 Pro and a wireless charger n it won’t charge? What should I do?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 12:54 PM

You did not say that you had gotten the MagSafe, that is why I asked about Qi. What version of iOS do you currently have on the iPhone? Some iPhone 12 series devices had problems with wireless charging, but that was supposed to be fixed. When you attack the MagSafe charger, do you see the MagSafe animation come on? It just shows a circle on the screen and if you have sound turned on it will make a tone sound. See if any of the tips here help, How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models - Apple Support

You can also see if any of the fixes in this longer thread about wireless charging help as well. iPhone 12 pro won’t wirelessly charge - Apple Community

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 12:54 PM in response to Dfsfdf2015

You did not say that you had gotten the MagSafe, that is why I asked about Qi. What version of iOS do you currently have on the iPhone? Some iPhone 12 series devices had problems with wireless charging, but that was supposed to be fixed. When you attack the MagSafe charger, do you see the MagSafe animation come on? It just shows a circle on the screen and if you have sound turned on it will make a tone sound. See if any of the tips here help, How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models - Apple Support

You can also see if any of the fixes in this longer thread about wireless charging help as well. iPhone 12 pro won’t wirelessly charge - Apple Community

Mar 29, 2021 10:49 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Sorry for not being clear. I don't have the wallet ON the phone when I try to charge. But once I connect the wallet, and then remove it - the phone doesn't charge anymore. I have to restart it, then it charges.

It's like once I connect the wallet, it turns off the ability o wirelessly charge.

Again, I am not trying to charge it while the wallet is connected. It's removed, but still wont' charge.

Mar 29, 2021 11:07 AM in response to kallesson

Thank you for the clarification. You did not mention that in your post. Do you have your iPhone updated to the latest iOS? While there have been some issues, one of the last updates addressed MagSafe reported issues. I have one of the leather MagSafe cases on my iPhone 12 Pro, and the leather wallet as well. I can put on and take off either or both of the MagSafe accessories and my iPhone will still charge on my Qi compatible Belkin wireless charger.

Wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.