Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 microphone not working?

After several months flawless operation on my new iPhone 11, today 2 different people said they couldn't hear me speaking. My voice cut away suddenly for 10 to 30 seconds, both on speakerphone and without. I was holding it away from my face, so no touching the Mute button with my ear happening. On both calls it happened after a minute, or two, then they heard me, and then off again for 10 to 30seconds, then back on, without me moving, or touching the phone in any new way. I have 4 bars through an in-home signal booster, that's not been a problem in the 2 years I've used it. I did ALL the steps in the manual, i. e.: videos, voice memos, case off, etc. to no avail. Any suggestions?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 4:15 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2021 1:16 PM in response to i_rina

Dear i_rina,

Your response to my question was not helpful. To be clear, I stated the following:

”...I did ALL the steps in the manual, i. e.: videos, voice memos, case off, etc. to no avail....”

I suspect your reply was “auto-generated,” as in a template reply sent because of an AI recognized word, or two. If I may be so bold to ask:

Are you an AI?

Well, we’ll see, if you reply to the question I just posed...or, with a generic text...or, not at all. Hmmmmm.

BTW, the solution was found AFTER I took it to a Geek Squad retail location, some 25 miles away, got it diagnosed, with NO hard/software problems indicated, and took their suggestion of shutting off my WiFi signal booster.

Feel free to add that to your solutions page. It MIGHT be “helpful” to others who have this problem...unless AI’s can’t do that. 🙄😂

j_jorza AKA LoveJohn😍

iPhone 11 microphone not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.